- When you’re entering that individual’s world and reality, remember to approach each scenario as an individualized situation.
- How you respond and interact dictates their level of trust and safety with you. You may be the only one they know to call.
- You can build relationships with individuals with dementia and their families.
- You can be the link to the care needed and resources available within their community.
- You can empathize with individuals with dementia and their families by your willingness to listen and relate.
- You can offer the individual and family assurance that you are there to help during this tough time.
- You can offer dignity and respect to the individual and their family.